Here are some great tips to keep your baby's skin moisturized and itch free!
- Dry Skin/Eczema - Many times, dry skin is due to the skin’s inability to retain it’s moisture (water).
- A great way to replace moisture in the skin is to soak in a bath and then moisturize immediately afterward. This is popularly known as the “SOAK AND SEAL” method.
- Give your child a bath every day or every other day for 5-10 minutes in LUKEWARM water.
- After bathing, PAT the skin lightly with a towel leaving it slightly damp.
- After pat drying, liberally apply a moisturizer all over the body. Check out the great options in our eczema kit!
All tips have been sourced from medical resources. Always consult with your pediatrician or a pediatric dermatologist before using products. Products in the eczema kit vary in ingredients, some ingredients such as fragrances or oils may irritate your baby’s skin, especially if they have severe eczema OR if their skin condition is different than eczema. The objective of the kit is to introduce parents to several different types of eczema products that may work for their child.